Important Information about Royalties and T5s

Friday, March 1, 2019

On February 25, Access Copyright mailed T5 slips to affiliates.

The royalty payments affiliates receive from Access Copyright are considered taxable income and are tracked and recorded annually on a T5 slip. Box 17 of the slip indicates the royalty amount received from Access Copyright in 2018.

For more information on how to report royalty income on an income tax return, please visit the Canada Revenue Agency website or contact your accountant.

If you do not receive a T5 slip from Access Copyright by Friday, March 8, please contact our Royalty and Client Services department at or call 416-868-1620 (toll-free 1-800-893-5777).